Ads 468x60px

Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Story of an Impromptu Family Dinner

I love having my in-laws right next door, for precisely this reason :) Last night Elliot and I sauntered on next door to chat with his mom about, well, nothing. Rick was out of town at the moment in the big-rig. We happened to walk through her door to the smell of what I initially thought was Pappy's Seasoning, but turned out to be lemon pepper (I think I just figured out what one of the major ingredients in pappy's is lol). She was cooking up some chicken breasts that needed to be used up. So she asked us if we would like some, so seeing as we had not had dinner yet, it sounded good. Then D remembered that she had some leftover steak and baked potato from a lunch she had had at Denny's, so remembering my unnatural love of under-cooked steak, she offered it to me. Elliot is one (like me) who likes a starch of some form with dinner, so I scuttled back here to grab a box of pasta-roni to fix for him next door, while his mom prepared some steamed broccoli.

So there we are, all three with different dinners, having a good chat, watching some good tv, and just being cozy.

This should happen more often. It's not unusual for us to pop in over there for a few, but awhile ago we had a good run where we were having dinner with them once or once every other week, and I'd like that to happen again.

I recall several times when Elliot's sister was over visiting, we'd pop in and the four of us would have dinner together, sometimes they would be making something, sometimes I'd bring something, and we'd all just hang out for a couple of hours just bullshitting and discussing things :)

Ah, the joys of having good people :D

0 comments: