Ads 468x60px

Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Tropical Fireball

I am almost out of hot sauce, because I've been on a bit of a kick lately; I've been using it on eeeeeverything! So I thought it the perfect opportunity to try making it. After sorting through recipes on recipezaar, pepperfool, and hotsauceblog I decided on a tropical sweet sauce for my first try.



I started off with about a quarter pound of peppers, around half habaneros and half serranos. Then I was off in search of the tropical fruit element. A cheap can of mandarin oranges caught my eye. The rest of the sauce was made up of fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon), a splash of vinegar, seasoned salt, and a big dab of honey. You can lower the heat level by removing the seeds and ribs of the peppers, but where is the fun in that?



Let it simmer until the peppers are soft, then just go to town on it with a blender.

Then if you are adventurous, dip some shrimp in it then toss them on the grill/griddle for fireball shrimp! They are mouth-numbingly good!


0 comments: