Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

This is how my mom always made it, and it's another easy weeknight meal made from stuff I pretty much always have laying around. For the longest time I had no idea that this wasn't how EVERYBODY made it lol!

  • 1 lb sliced steak (I love skirt/asada steak for this)
  • 3 cloves crushed garlic
  • 1 tb granulated onion/onion powder
  • 2 tsp black pepper
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup brown gravy mix (I buy this stuff by the pound at winco!)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1/2 cup sour cream
  • 1 dash worchestershire sauce
Brown the steak with onion, garlic, salt, and pepper.
Slowly combine the brown gravy mix and half of the water.
Add the remaining water to the skillet, and slowly stir in the gravy mixture.
Simmer over medium heat until thickened.
Stir in the sour cream and worchestershire sauce.
Serve over egg noodles.

This was probably one of my top 10 favourite dinners when I was a kid!

0 comments: