Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Squash Tomato Sauce with Pasta and Focaccia

Tonight's dinner consists of a very chunky tomato sauce served over pasta with focaccia. IF the water for the pasta ever comes to a boil lol!

In the mean time, here is what I tossed together:

1/3 of a large white onion
4 cloves of garlic

These were sautee'd until lightly golden, then in went:

1/2 of a very large zucchini picked up from the farmer's market for 50 cents
1/2 of an average sized yellow crookneck squash
2 or 3 tablespoons pesto

I then covered the pan to cook the squash slightly. Then I added a can of italian-style stewed tomatoes, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 cup beef broth, and 1 lb. browned ground beef. I simmered this without a cover to reduce it's volume by about a quarter, just enough to thicken it. Put a lid on while got the water going for the pasta.

I just toasted some wonderful buttered focaccia which I also picked up at the small farmer's market. The weather was great for it, warm with a good breeze, and the smell of fresh-cut grass wafting about.

*Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh*

0 comments: