Ads 468x60px

Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cake


I was once again surfing on www.recipezaar.com and came across a nice looking cake recipe. And as usual I tweeked it, so here is the very tasty result!

  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup butter at cool room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract or flavoring (I use 1 tb because I just LOVE vanilla)
  • 1 1/2 cup cake flour (all pupose is ok, but will give you a less tender cake)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • two hand-fulls chocolate chips
preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and grease a cake pan or line a cupcake pan
combine the flour and baking powder
cream together the butter and sugar
add the vanilla, then the eggs one at a time, combining well after each egg
mix in the flour mixture
slowly add the milk, and combine until smooth
add the chocolate chips
put the batter in your cake pan or cupcake pan, and bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 30-40 minutes. check your cake every 10-15 minutes)

I personally used a pie plate, as I do not own cake pans for some reason, and muffins/cupcakes tend to turn out all amorphous on me. And having used a convection oven, my temps and times were very screwy. Those of you who have "real" ovens have my envy!

0 comments: