Ads 468x60px

Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Aprons!

I'm NOT a "crafter", but I have been wanting to try some crafty stuff lately. Well, I went to the wal mart because they had these nice bandanas on sale (I like to wear them in my hair). When I got home, I started to play with them, and realized that they would make great valentine-y aprons. Now, I'm NOT very good at sewing at all, but with the help of some liquid stitch (mostly with the help of liquid stitch) and a bit of help from the sewing machine, and some folding, I managed to make a little set





I am almost done with a third one that I'm making from a yard of fabric. Since I S U C K at following patterns, I figgured I'd just work with squares. I cut out squares from the fabric and hemmed (with liquid stitch again..... I can't make straight lines with the sewing machine but I CAN make VERY straight hems with that glue. I did however go over all the seams with the sewing machine afterward), then just started folding. I am probably going to go back and get another yard of fabric, and this time I will take pics as I'm putting my apron together and post them.

Here's my other apron so far (I'm going to add a pocket or two)

It looks like the trim on the top needs to be trimmed off, but that's just the straps coming from the top folded weird and at a weird angle for the pic. If you are wondering about the small grey/black blur at the bottom right-hand corner of the pic, that would be my cat Isis's tail, who I raised from the time she was 3 days old.

Apparently today was not a good one to get a clear picture, but you should get the idea

3 comments:

Gemma said...

They are cute. Great job:)
(Smile HHWC)

Anonymous said...

Totally cute! I have a ton of apron patterns but have yet to try them, LOL! Great job!

Katie said...

sorry it took so long to publish your post geanie, I was having a heck of a time figguring out how to post it :P