Ads 468x60px

Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2008

Free Breadcrumbs Haha!


I love making my own breadcrumbs. I know exactly what's in them, and I can control the seasonings :) The smell they add to the kitchen while they are baking is just heavenly.

So just for the heck of it, I took photos :)

When you make bread crumbs, just use whatever bread you have that's about to go bad, or in our case use some hot-dog buns your inlaws gave you because they were left over from a benefit ;)

First, I just coarsly chopped the buns. You are going to crush them up a bit after you toast them, so don't worry about getting them too fine.



Then, I just took about a tablespoon and a half (the leftovers from a stick of butter; the amount of butter doesn't matter, you will of course get more or less buttery taste depending on how much you use)

Here I melted it then tossed it with the breadcrumbs well, along with a light sprinkling of salt.





Once you have your own, home-made buttery crumbs, you can do several things with them. Use them in meatloaf and meatballs of course, or season them and use as a crunchy coating! You can even go one step farther and bake your own multi-grain bread to use as crumbs.

0 comments: